Monday, May 9, 2011

Spicy Honey Shrimp



So here is the deal, my hubby LOVES shrimp, me not so much.  But I saw a couple recipes out there for grilling shrimp and I thought I'd give it a try.  I combined and changed a few recipes and came up with this.  Now like I said I don't like shrimp, but I like these.  Weird but true.  They have this sweet taste, yet a little kick or spice and they aren't way fishy tasting.  Try them, you won't be disappointed!


Sweet Honey Shrimp

1lb Shrimp (deveined)
1 Tbsp. minced or pressed garlic
3 T ginger (fresh is great but the dried stuff works too)
1/4 c. hot chili garlic paste
1 1/4 c. honey
1/2 c. fresh-squeezed lime juice
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
1 c. canola oil

Mix all ingredients together to make marinade. Marinate the shrimp in marinade for as long as possible.. 24 hours preferably but at least 4 hours.  Put shrimp on Skewers and place on the grill.  Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side.. don't cook them too long.

No comments: