Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The BEST chocolate cake and frosting

WOW... it's been a long time since anyone has posted on here!  I actually
have quite a few good recipes, I'll try to share.  Alot of 
yummy healthy ones too!  

But here is a classic one that I love and thought I had on here, but I didnt.
If you love some yourself some chocolate cake, this certainly won't disappoint!

I honestly can't remember where I found it, sorry to whoever's recipe it is for not giving you credit, but it's really really yummy!  I want to say it was in LDS living magazine???

The BEST Chocolate Cake and CUPCAKES!


 sift together:
3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. baking cocoa

slowly add:
2 c. cold water
3/4 c. vegetable oil (I use Canola . . . it’s healthier)
2 Tb. white vinegar
2 tsp. vanilla

Pour into 9×13 pan – cook at 350* for 30-35 mins (depending on your oven & altitude, it can take even longer than 35 mins. Poke the middle with a toothpick & if it comes out clean, the cake is done).

This recipe also makes great cupcakes (just cook for 15-18 mins) or two cake rounds (cook time will be similar to that of a box cake).

  

Perfectly Perfect Chocolate Frosting

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.

No comments: