Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dutch Oven Chicken

The title says "dutch oven", but I hardly ever use one.  I just make this in a 9 x 13 pan.  This is one of my favorite fall back recipes.  I usually have all the ingredients on hand so when I don't know what to cook, this is an easy option!  Plus it's yummy!

Boneless skinless chicken breasts (I usually do 6-8)
dip chicken in egg/milk wash: 1 egg and 1/4 cup milk
then dip in bread crumbs: 1/2 plain crumbs and 1/2 italian seasoned 

Brown the chicken in butter in skillet until slightly crispy.  While you are browning the chicken make a white sauce: 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup flour, and 1 qt milk.  Melt the butter in a skillet, then mix in the flour until smooth.  Slowly mix in milk with a whisk until it is the consistency that you want.  Then add 1 chicken boullion cube and 1 can cream of chicken/mushroom soup.  

Cover browned chicken with gravy and slowly cook in dutch oven.  Or may be cooked in oven for 2 hours at 325 deg.  

No comments: