Sunday, November 9, 2008

Dijon-Crusted Chicken Breasts

This recipe was really easy to make. I would probabaly change it a little next time. I would probably use a differnet italian seasoning or use less of it. I used Dijon mustard, but you could probably use any mustard. I used a cooking spray to cook it in instead of the oil and margarine. I thought that worked well and has less calories in it.

1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
2 TBSP Dijon mustard
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp reduced-fat margarine

1. Place the the first six ingredients in a shallow bowl. Brush chicken with mustard; roll in crumb mixture.

2. Ina large skillet, spray with olive oil spray or vegetable spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each sie or until juices run clear.

No comments: