Saturday, May 23, 2009

Kalua Pork

My husband has deemed this "the best pork he's ever had".   So tasty!

Kalua Pork
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp. coarse salt (it was a little salty for me - not for my husband though - I might decrease the salt a little next time I make it)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 small piece of fresh ginger root crushed, (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
1 clove garlic minced
5-6 pound boneless pork roast
1 tsp liquid wood smoke flavoring

In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, salt, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, and garlic.  Mix well.  Lay 3 sheet of aluminum foil out, one on top of the other.  Place roast in the center of the aluminum foil; rub with say sauce mixture and then sprinkle the liquid smoke over the top.  Fold all 3 sheets of aluminum foil over the top of the roast and secure tightly.  Place wrapped meat in a baking pan.  Roast at 375 for 5 hours.  Shred the pork before serving.

No comments: