Sunday, June 14, 2009

Zucchini Bread

I am always looking for ways to sneak vegetables into my kids little bodies. 
 This is a great way, they loved this bread (and so did I)!

Zucchini Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil (I did 1/2 c. oil and 1/2 c. applesauce)
2 1/4 cup white sugar (I did 1 cup brown sugar and 1 1/4 cup white sugar)
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini (I actually did about 3 and it was yummy!)
1 cup chopped walnuts (I left these out so that my kids would eat it)

Grease and flour 2 8x4 bread pans.  Preheat oven to 325 deg.  Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda and cinnamon together in a bowl.  Beat eggs, oil vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl.  Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well.  Stir in zucchini and add nuts until well combined.  Pour batter into prepared pans.  Bake for 40-60 mins (Mine took a little longer than this about 1 hour 10 min) until toothpick comes out clean from the middle.  Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes.  Remove bread from pan and cool completely.  Will store well in the fridge for a week or two, or it freezes well also.  

No comments: