Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Buttermilk Banana Bread

I have to say that this is the BEST banana bread ever. I don't say that lightly. I love it! I tried it for the first time yesterday and it was perfection. It's different cause the top is sticky and the edges are crispy and oh it is yummy!!!!


Buttermilk Banana Bread
*found on my kitchen cafe*

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 average sized bananas)
4 tablespoons buttermilk
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash baking soda

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Mix until combined. Divide batter into greased and floured bread pans and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. This recipe makes about one large loaf of banana bread and one mini loaf. I cooked the mini loaf for about 35 minutes, don't leave it in the whole time or it will burn.

No comments: