- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Pillsbury® Crescent Rolls
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cups seasoned Panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, pesto, green onions, and chicken. Stir until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Unroll the crescent dough. Take two triangles and press them together to form a rectangle.
- Spoon about ½ cup of the chicken mixture in the center of the rectangle and bring the corners of the crescent dough together, pinching to seal.
- Place the Panko crumbs on a plate. Dip each chicken pillow in the melted butter (or brush it on using a pastry brush) and roll it in the Panko crumbs.
- Place the chicken pillows seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken pillows have turned golden brown.
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything
Read more at http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2013/11/pesto-chicken-pillows.html#Voxg2GvSOkJaX8i1.99