Thursday, March 27, 2008

Minestrone Soup

I didn't take the picture, I found it on the site I found the recipe on :) Pictures don't have to be included, I was just having fun!

Hearty Minestrone

1/2 pound ground beef or prok
chopped celery
chopped onion
one clove of garlic
1 can minced tomatoes (15 ounce can)
1 can of kidney beans
1 cup tomato juice
1 can tomato sauce (small can I think it's 8 ounces)
1/2 can beef broth
chopped carrots
chopped zucchini
3 teaspoons italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon pepper

(too be added later)
1/2 cup water
1 cup uncooked pasta (macaroni or ziti)

Cook meat, celery, onion and garlic together until meat is no longer pink
Stir in tomatoes, beans, tomato juice, tomato sauce, italian seasoning, salt, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until carrots are tender.

Add water and pasta and cook for about 15 more minutes or until pasta is tender.

I loved this one, it was yummy. I did it with hamburger because I didn't have any pork so it might taste a little different with pork.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Yummo! I love Minestone soup. I'll have to try this one for sure. I'm so excited Steph. This is going to be so much fun. Thanks for thinking it up!!

Carolyn Hanson said...

Can't wait to try this one. Minestrone soup is one of my all-time-fav's!