Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Garlic Chicken Farfalle

One of my friends made this the other day for our lunch/recipe group and I had to try it since I couldn't come that week... it did not disappoint. This is really good. It reminds me alot of the blackened chicken alfredo at Wingers. I added the whole amount of pepper and it gave it a kick. Chad loved it, I think I might scale it down just a tad next time. Also I bet it would be way yummy with some chopped up fresh tomatoes on top.

Garlic Chicken Farfalle

16 oz farfalle pasta
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp pepper It seems like a lot of pepper, but it has a wonderful flavor when everything mixes together. If you're apprehensive, do less pepper. You can always add more)
1/2 cup butter
1 lb bacon, crumpled**
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 (12 oz) Lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice



**We like to cook our bacon in the oven (400 degrees, convection). It's way less messy, and it's crispy every time. Time varies, so you just have to watch it. I think it's usually around 30 minutes. Allow to cool and then crumple.


Add chicken in a crock pot, pour the bottle of marinade over the top and cook on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices and shred. Set aside.
(I didn't read the recipe ahead of time so I didn't have 6 hours to use the crockpot, I boiled the chicken to cook it and keep it moist and then shredded it, dumped some marinade on it and put it in the fridge until everything else was ready)

About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta. In a small saucepan, melt butter and then add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.

1 comment:

Aaron [air] said...

hi there. I love your blog! I found you through Angela Konakis-Rice!

Anyway I am starting an online cooking club & would love to start linking to other blogs. Please email me [when you have time of course] :) if you are interested!