Friday, May 7, 2010

Strawberry-Pear Crisp

Okay this was AMAZING... it really was. I was watching a b-bque show the other day and the guy made raspberry pear smoked crisp so I was inspired. I kind of made it up as I went and I am glad I tried cause it was good. Served with vanilla icecream and you have perfection.

Strawberry-Pear Mix

Fruit Mixture
2 pears
Strawberries
1/3 C sugar
1 T cornstarch

Topping

1 ¼ C flour
¾ C packed brown sugar
¼ t salt
1.2 C unsalted butter, chilled


Heat over to 375 F Spray an 8 inch square baking pan. In large bowl gently stir together fruit, sugar and cornstarch. In large bowl stir together all ingredients except butter. With pastry blender or 2 knives cut in butter until mixture is crumbly with some pieces the size of blueberries. Spoon fruit mixture into baking dish ; sprinkle with topping, squeezing some of it together with your hands to create some larger clumps.

Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and fruit juice bubble heavily at edges and begin to bubble towards the center. Serve warm or at room temperature. It is yummy with ice cream!

No comments: