Monday, March 9, 2009

Raspberry Sour Cream Pancakes

These were yummy. I found the recipe and it originally had blueberries in them, but the frozen blueberries are more expensive then raspberries so I tried that. I also made the raspberry sauce to put on top, but I can't decide if I liked the raspberry sauce on top better then just maple syrup, they are both good.

Raspberry Sour Cream Pancakes

2 c. all-purpose flour
¼ c. sugar
4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
1 ½ c. milk
1 c. (8-oz) sour cream (I always bake with light sour cream)
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 to 1/2 c. fresh or frozen raspberries

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk, sour cream, and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the blueberries. Pour batter onto a greased hot griddle; flip when golden on bottom. Cook until the second side is golden brown.

Raspberry Sauce


Raspberry sauce:
1 cup of frozen raspberries
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp lemon zest, chopped finely
1-2 tbsp water


Combine ingredients in a small pan over medium heat. Cook until raspberries have melted down and thickens slightly.

No comments: