Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rosemary Chicken

Sorry it has been so long since I contributed! I will try to be better. This is a great crockpot recipe and very healthy too! If anyone has fast, easy crockpot recipes I would love to have them because now that I have three kids I don't have a lot of time to cook!

Rosemary Chicken

vegetable oil
4-6 chicken breast halves
1 cup coarsely chopped carrots
1/2 cup diced celery
1/3 cup Italian dressing
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can Great Northern white beans (drained and rinsed)
1-2 cups chicken broth
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and brown chicken slightly. Drain and place chicken, vegetables, and beans in crockpot. Combine dressing, rosemary, salt, and pepper and pour over chicken. Cook on low all day, adding the chicken broth after a few hours when the vegetables start to cook and look dry. Before serving, shred chicken. This may be served as is or over brown rice.

No comments: